Lead Case Manager – BABES #16-0108
LOCATION: Seneca – 1118 5th Ave. Seattle, WA 98101
REPORTS TO: BABES Program Manager
BABES Network-YWCA is a peer leadership program for women and families affected by HIV, a sisterhood of women facing HIV together. BABES promotes self-empowerment, reduces isolation, enhances quality of life and serves the needs of women living with HIV and their families through peer support, advocacy, education and outreach.
The Lead Case Manager will provide non-medical case management services to people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWH) by phone or in person. They will work closely with the Program Manager to coach peer staff to maintain effective program structures and systems related to Non-Medical Case Management activities and lead programmatic compliance activities.
This position has a social justice component that will allow for critical thinking around how the external systems impact the work that we are doing through the lens of racism and intersections with poverty. Valuing diversity and championing anti-racism policy are core values. As an equal opportunity employer, we highly encourage people of color to apply.
- Provide intensive one-on-one, client-centered, harm reduction encounters, by phone and in person primarily outside of the office- going to their home or other meeting locations
- Serve as an appointment partner for clients, helping PLWH get to appointments, preparing for appointments, attending the appointment and debriefing afterwards
- Delegate and monitor caseloads for peer advocates
- Assist with EIP renewals, Collecting eligibility documentation necessary for Ryan White contracts
- Lead case conferencing and with BABES staff and provide individual coaching as needed
- Establish and manage client eligibility tracking system
- Keep accurate records of services provided and track data on all client encounters in CareWare database for NMCM progress and fiscal reporting
- Support healthy behaviors and attitudes among BABES’ multi-cultural membership with active listening, strength-based counsel, education and modeling
- Respond to provider referrals and self-referred women to provide welcoming service entry point for newly diagnosed or those re-entering the care system
- Work with co-workers to develop an effective team to fulfill BABES Network mission.
- Support BABES Program Manager by reviewing and adapting program materials and reports to funders
- Provide resources and referrals to women living with HIV/AIDS including food, housing and transportation assistance, medical care and case management
To view the full job description follow this link https://www.ywcaworks.org/about-careers-16-0108